White Sauce Italian Pasta Recipe
One of the main reasons we love the White Sauce Italian Pasta Recipe dish is because it’s simple and quick! You can make it start to finish in about 20 minutes.
That’s my kind of dinner recipe! Just follow these easy steps to make this creamy pasta sauce which can be added to any pasta.
Ingredients for Pasta
- 3/4 cup Penne Pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-5 cups Water
- For Veggies:
- 1/2 teaspoon Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Carrot
- Now 1/4 cup chopped Green Capsicum
- Also, 1/4 cup chopped Red Capsicum
- 1/4 cup chopped Broccoli
- Salt to taste
For White Sauce:
- 1½ tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped Garlic, optional
- 1½ tablespoons Maida (all-purpose flour)
- 1½ cups Milk (250 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Oregano, optional (or pizza seasonings)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
- A pinch of Black Pepper Powder (or crushed pepper)
- Salt to taste
- Boil raw pasta according to the instructions given on the package or follow the following instructions:
- Take 4-5 cups water in a deep saucepan, bring it to boil over medium flame. When it starts boiling, add 3/4 cup Penne pasta and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Boil them until they are cooked (not very soft). It will take around 10-12 minutes.
- To check whether pasta is cooked or not, take one pasta in a fork and bite it. If it is too hard to bite, it requires more cooking.
- Drain excess water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a pan or Kadai over a high flame.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped carrot, 1/4 cup chopped green capsicum, 1/4 cup chopped red capsicum, 1/4 cup chopped broccoli, and salt.
- Stir and cook until veggies are little cooked but still crunchy, for around 2-3 minutes. Turn off the flame and transfer them to a plate.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons butter in the same pan or Kadai over medium flame. Add 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add 1½ tablespoons maida (all-purpose flour).
Stir continuously and cook for a minute.
Pour 1½ cups milk little by a little while stirring continuously with a whisk.
Stir and mix for 1-2 minutes.
Reduce flame to low.
Continue stirring and cooking until the mixture starts to thicken. It will take around 3-4 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the pan.
When the mixture starts to coat the back of a spoon as shown in the picture here, it means that it has started to thicken.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes, a pinch of black pepper powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add vegetables and pasta.
- Turn off the flame. Mix well.
Transfer it to a serving plate. White sauce pasta is now ready. Garnish it with grated cheese and serve while they are still hot.
Tips and Variations for White Sauce Italian Pasta Recipe
- White Pasta Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools down.
- To serve and enjoy pasta while they are still hot.
- For cheesy flavor add 2 tablespoons grated cedar cheese or mozzarella cheese in step-10.
- Use veggies of your choice. Sweet corn, button mushrooms, french beans, onion, etc.
- (total 1 cup chopped veggies) are excellent for creamy white pasta.
- Before using leftover pasta, re-heat them with 1/4 cup milk or water to make the sauce thinner.
- For preparing white pasta in large quantities for a party, follow the given steps.
- Make sauce, boiled pasta, and stir-fried veggies in advance. Then at the time of serving, re-heat the sauce (if the sauce is too thick, add little water or milk in it), add boiled pasta and cooked veggies, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Taste: Soft and Creamy
- Serving Ideas: Serve hot pasta on its own or with soup and garlic bread for dinner.